Monday, July 28, 2008

Not Slipping.

I haven't spent as much time at the gym as I wanted to last week. That being said, I spent a lot more time at the gym last week than I have in the past year combined. But that's part of the point of this blog. That's part of the reason I don't have a hit counter. I don't want to know how many people view this site, I'd rather it be a secret to me. This blog is as much, if not more, about motivating myself because people are watching, than it is to motviate others in its process.

I went 5 days out of the past 7. That's not bad. I only lifted twice, mostly because my arms were so unbelievably sore. I didn't go today because of a skin condition on my upper-right torso...it's very painful and swollen and it limits the range of motion of my right arm to about "OH MY GOD MAKE IT STOP" when my arm is out in front of me and elbow bent.. It rhymes with foil.

As I go forward on working out, I will probably be spending most my time with cardio and upper body work. As I've said before, I don't want a huge massive body-builders body. I want to be evenly toned. I want to have a good body waiting for me when the pounds are off. My upper-body is pretty weak, but I'm fairly certain my lower body won't need much work...it takes a lot to carry me around, you know. I can flex my lower legs and feel that below my knees it is mostly muscle and let me tell you, they are huge. So I don't want to have disproportionally large glutes and quads when I get closer to my target weight.

If this 'foil' doesn't get better tomorrow, I'm going to have a visit with the doctor at 3:30 to have him look at it and maybe give me some antibiotic for it.

In other news, I've noticed my body adjusting to the change in nutrition already. My appetite has decreased a lot. I don't crave my nightly ice cream, my lunches are about 1/4 the size they used to be and a fruit or serving of cashews/trail mix in the late afternoon tends to get me through the day nicely. (My breakfast tends to be around 4:30 AM now, my lunch before 11, and my mid-afternoon pick-me-up at around 1:30). My parents say they can notice a difference but I honestly don't know if they are just saying that because they are my parents. I know my clothes don't fit any better and I haven't lost a knotch on my belt yet. I know that these two things are the only gauges I have of my weight loss, because it's almost impossible to find a scale that will accomodate me.

2 comments:

Deb said...

WTG! 5 out of 7 days seems just right with some time to recover included. Keep Going!

Deb said...

Still hanging in there?