Thursday, September 11, 2008

Progress?

So I haven't been going to the gym as often as I'd like...in fact, I've been working more lately so I really haven't had the time (and I hate saying that, too...)

But I still think I'm seeing some progress. I'm a little ways off from having to add a notch to my belt. Not quite there yet, but getting there.

Today, I was flexing in the mirror when I was getting ready for work, and I swear I'm starting to see definition in my shoulders. That's a big confidence booster. Just like last time I was going to the gym, when I was 18, the first muscle I saw "definition" in was my traps, and even then it was really motivational.

Tomorrow I'm working a 12 hour shift but I think I'm going to go to the gym afterwords anyway. I've really taken a liking to the elliptical machines. They are very low impact and they still get my heart running and I feel great when I get off of them, plus I think they also exercise lower body muscles more. One of the downsides of weighing so much is that walking 1-2 miles on a treadmill can be painful and a lot of stress on my knees, but I don't get that with the elliptical.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hope that you have been able to tighten up the belt by now.